Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Bits of Owen at 13 mo

  • You say a few words here and there but my absolute favorite is when you say bye-bye because it comes out VERY Southern (more like buh-baaaah).  It's the best ever and I hope you never figure out how to say it right. 
  • You are a walking fool!  You started to get the hang of it right around your first birthday and you are moving and shaking.  
  • We spend almost every day outside.  You love going to splash parks.  I used to think those were terrible in comparison to pools but now I realize that they are 100% perfect for the toddler set.  You spend a lot of time with your buddy Neil and you two adore getting in the water.  You, in particular, like the frogs at the Arboretum because you get under the water almost like it's a shower. 
  • We are just about finished with swim lessons.  You have done so well! I'm really proud of my big boy who can use his arms and legs to swim to me for 10 seconds underwater.  We're going to take a break for the summer so you can really focus on splash park fun :) 
  • You don't drink as much milk as you used to because we fully switched from bottles to sippies.  You are eating like a champ, as always.  
  • We are moving to a new house this month and you'll have your own dedicated playspace off of our living room.  It's going to be awesome.  I did a lighter shade of blue in your new room, which I guess isn't really a nursery!  Crazy, you little toddler.  
  • You love your backyard swimming pool and water table.  I love the water too and usually don't mind to be splashed a bit so we're having a great time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment