Saturday, November 25, 2017

2017 in progress

Man. This year.

At least, unlike 2016, we knew going in that this year was gonna be hard. We just didn't know what kind of hard that would be and look like but now that we're at the end of November, I feel so full of WE DID IT WE ARE ALMOST DONE WITH TWENTY SEVENTEEN. AAAAAAA-MEN.

Without further ado, a progress report:

1. Learn to relinquish control over things and try to be less stressed about it. Wear my necklace and my mantra bands.  
I suck at this dudes. The damn intention jewelry tarnishes. Need to wear the bands more though. 

2. Do two yoga workshops.
I did one. Which, I'll take it. This year was ridiculous. 

In June, I did a yin workshop to help me since I spent the month subbing a ton of restorative classes. It was amazing and a huge win for me to learn a totally different side of yoga. 
3. Read 20 books.
I need to count again but I think I did it! 

4. Not feel like I overate too much over the holidays when next year's NYE rolls around.
I'm down about 20 lbs from last January. I still have some work to do but my goal is still the same, to not just destroy my body on holidays. So far, I survived Thanksgiving.

5. Help Owen learn the alphabet and some basic math since he's obsessed with numbers.
He's doing so well! 5 day a week school helps with a ton of that so I can't take too much credit but we try to work on math with him as much as we can. 

6. Help Owen to learn to swim better.
I enrolled him in these totally bananas swim lessons that we GODAWFUL FOR ME (he was fine but the teacher was SO STRICT and LADY, this kid is not the next Michael Phelps, sorry not sorry). Will do them again next year. He's great in the pool now. Swimming A+! 

7. Save money for our house projects, mainly the electrical ones.
We got the electrics all fixed up. Now we focus on projects for selling. 

8. Work on the outdoor landscaping.
F minus here. It's hard to care about a house where A) squirrels eat everything and B) you're going to sell it in a hot minute. This was a sad choice of a goal since about 2 weeks in to January we realized "We're Moving!" 

9. Do a low buy in January and in July.
I highly doubt I did this. Either month. I was the worst. 

10. Go on a family trip at some point, even if it's just a staycation.
NAILED IT! We went to Utah to see Adam's parent's new house. We staycationed at the Anatole with my mom in Dallas. We went to Mexico just the three of us. 

11. Save up for better season tickets for both the theatre and hockey.
We ended up not doing theater because the shows kind of sucked! We have similarish tickets for hockey but slightly better. 

12. Pay only in cash for Adam's MBA.
CURRENTLY NAILING THIS! Despite having a semester with no company reimbursement. We are still loan free and he is SO. DAMN. CLOSE. to being done. 

13. Make 1-2 extra mortgage payments.
oops. didn't care about this at all since we'll be selling soon. sorry, not sorry.

14. Make 1-2 extra 4Runner payments.
PAID. IT. OFF. in Feb. BOOYEAH. Crushed it. 

15. Save more money for Christmas this year.
Adam's new pay structure changed the game for us but we're fine. It's Nov 25th and I'm 99% done shopping so... 

16. Do at least one class per month for myself (yoga or barre).
I joined Peak Zone and did a ton of group personal training this year and then my friend opened a barre studio so now I do that several times a week. I also did a lot more yoga this year for myself. I'd say A+++ nailed it on this goal! I'm so happy! 

17. Be more generous with my time, money and friendship.
This is such a hard goal for me to quantify. I'm not sure I did any of this because things worked out so differently for me than we'd anticipated. I have gotten a lot closer to people I already knew, so I guess that Is an ok with generosity of friendship but I definitely almost immediately tell people we're moving to Houston so it helps me to keep somewhat of an armslength of distance between new friends. It's been such a struggle. We also have less money on a month to month so I think I am less generous in many ways. In time, I'm able to volunteer a little more and have dipped into that. I think once we move in 2018, I'll be able to do more with that. I think maybe C+ here overall?


No comments:

Post a Comment