Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 To Do List Review


1. Choose restaurants with intention, rather than "I'm tired. I'm hungry. Let's go for burgers and beer."

Did great with this until we didn't. HA. But even with the move, we were intentional about choosing restaurants we wanted to go to before we left and restaurants we wanted to try when we got here. 

2. Complete at least one session with Stronger U and my coach.  (along with this comes macro tracking and being more mindful about the things I'm eating and drinking)

I did this. I had pretty decent success but slid back into old habits when we started the move process.  I just didn't have the bandwidth to keep it going all year. 

3. Lose 30 lbs by my 40th birthday. (12/5/21)

Yeah. Nope. 

4. Go somewhere new.  This is going to be challenging but I'm going to make it happen. 

Yes!  Big Island Hawaii! 

5. Go to a new National Park. 

Hawaii Volcanos

6. Get my vaccination card!  Technically this all occurred in 2020 but I want that card of sweet, sweet beauty as proof. 

WOOT! Got that sucker in January. 

7. Remodel our master bathroom. 

Check done! 

8. Go on a trip for my birthday.  I want to go to Germany but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. 

Arizona, check done! 

9. Master our sourdough starter! 

Houston derailed that a bit, it was not easy to have a starter in the heat and humidity but we will press on in KC and try a new one. 

10. Run a half marathon before my birthday. 

Oops, nope. 

11. Figure out how to compost. 

We did this but sadly left our bin in Houston and don't have space here in Leawood for a new one. 

12. Grow a garden. 

We had a really great garden this year until we had too much rain in June and most of our plants had root rot.  

13. Keep my houseplants alive. 

I managed to do this with a few plants that got left in Houston but I got two new snake plants and we carry on.  

14. Figure out my next step in my career.  Goal is to not be in my same position by next January, however that happens. 

This one, I crushed.  Kind of by accident but I have an infinitely better job now and way better prospects for growth.  

15. Do another cooking class, even if that has to be virtual. 

I did a charcuterie class and a cocktails class this year in person and Adam and I did two awesome beer/cheese pairings classes online.  

16. Take an iPhone photography class. 

I need to do this still.  

17. Hike a mountain. 

Did it!  We did some great hikes in Colorado and I climbed Camelback again. 

18. Get my CEOP and RSTBS certifications. 

Did not do either of these things but I was well on my way before we moved.  No sweat because I am onward and upward! 

Goals that are a hold over from 2020 - Let's try this again! 

19. Take Owen on another mother + son trip. 

We drove in the same car from Houston to Kansas, does that count? 

20. Date night once a month

Not intentionally but I bet we came really close if I were to think about it.  We did so many trips to KC without Owen that we wound up having a lot of parent date time. 

21. Monthly budget.  I need to follow through with this and work to pay the car off. 

NOT EVEN CLOSE. 






No comments:

Post a Comment