Saturday, December 17, 2022

22 Things to Do - Review

Normally I go over this in June-ish and most certainly did not this year. I feel pretty disappointed in myself. Without further adu, here's how I did.  



22 Things To Do - 2022 Edition

1. Figure out my next steps at BMCD and what I want my path to look like. Kind of but not really. Especially in the last month, I feel more further away from this than ever. 

2. Find and hire a designer to help us with our master renovation since this is going to be a little outside of my wheelhouse. Another kind of but not really. Does an architect count? I can handle the design decisions but thankfully Wes did the space constraint heavy lifting for us. Should be starting the addition any day now! It was a lot more of a journey than we anticipated.

3. Find at least 2 volunteer opportunities. UGHHHHHHHHHHH yes. no. sort of. I am still doing Lead to Read so check for that! I did Big Brothers Big Sisters for half the year but that I definitely bit off more than I could chew and was slightly mislead about how involved Adam and Owen could be with me. We ran a very successful food drive at work and also did a day cooking meals at the Ronald McDonald house, not terrible for a still slightly covid weird year. 

4. Figure out our landscaping situation and what works here in Kansas. Nope but our yard is about to get destroyed during the renovation so this turned out not to be a priority at all. Maybe in 2024.  

5. Go to London. FINALLY. One I accomplished. 

6. Celebrate Alli's birthday in Belize. Make that 2. 

7. Take Mom to NYC for her 70th. We leave next week! 

8. Eat 3/4 veggies at nearly every meal and quit being so stupid about it. Epic fail, nothing more to say. 

9. Do something Peloton every day even if it's just 5 min core or a mediation if I'm sick/injured/whatever. I don't think I even made it out of January on this one. 

10. Find a local race to run since we're missing Rock the Parkway and run a 5K with Owen. Check! Owen won his age division and we did a second one! 

11. Cooking class with friends. Nope. 

12. Find new doctors/dentists/etc (GAH!) Kind of. Owen has a doctor. I figured out how to utilize the on site clinic. Dentist = fail

13. Read 10 books and put my damn phone down. I think I read one. Ugh. 

14. Master the sous vide. I think I decided I don't like it! 

15. Figure out our plans for KC theater tickets. This is also a pretty solid fail. I got season tickets and we have only seen a couple of shows because we have too many other things going on. Not sure how to handle this for next year. 

16. Find friends/community/whatever here and figure out if we are wanting to do church or not. This is a half credit goal. Church = not right now

17. Mother/Son trip Nope. 

18. Go visit the farm. BOY DID WE EVER... This led to our 6 month foster of Lucy dog. HA! 

19. Go to the lake. We managed to do this! 

20. Plan a CDC trip now that we all live in the Midwest again. Half credit, I got to see Kristen in STL. 

21. Visit a new ballpark. Brewers game!

22. Go to a Chiefs game. I think I accomplished this 3 times with another one next week! 


7 and a bunch of partial credit... not my finest year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment