Monday, January 18, 2021

2020 To Do List Review

It's January 18th, can you tell I've been dreading this?  I've spent a lot of time in the last 2 plus weeks processing all the bullshit that was 2020 and this feels like the last step.  Let's close this book, shall we? 


 1. Leave the country at least once.  - Dammit.  Our Paris/Amsterdam trip was a dream trip.  We had direct flights, it was super inexpensive when we booked it.  I mourn that we may never get that lucky again.  I'm so sad we didn't get to go.  

2. Run the Chicago Marathon and beat my time from 2009.  Canceled. STUPID.  But it was helpful because I'm not sure I want to run 26 miles again.  Will have to think on it more. 

3. Take Owen on another mother/son trip. We never did this.  I hate that the window we had to travel was really March-May when it just wasn't possible but that was when it was most flexible for us in terms of virtual work and school.  

4. Keep working on strength and yoga classes (goal is 4X of each per week)  I did really well with this until I didn't.  The renovation really threw me off. 

5. Do at least one major house project to get it over with! Likely O's bathroom.  WELL! ONE THAT WE JUST CRUSHED.  We did Owen's bathroom, the entire kitchen, the powder room, the laundry room and a complete overhaul of the attic.  A full gut job.  Not to mention the millions of other little things we took care of. 

6. Date night once a month in Houston.  Another one we just lost track of in the chaos. 

7. Figure out better sleep habits with the Whoop.  I almost quit wearing it so many times this year.  It was the one thing I stayed committed to, even if I didn't do any of the things I need to for real success. 

8. Get back to 2017 fighting weight and eating habits.  Beyond epic fail.  The only time I've ever been heavier was the day I gave birth. 

9. Start budgeting every month with discipline. HAAA BUDGET? We blew that baby with All Restaurant Fall but no kitchen is a pretty good excuse. 

10.  Astros away game in Atlanta.  No fans were allowed but we did get to go to Atlanta. 

11. Go somewhere completely new.  OOOH I DID THIS! We did an awesome West Texas trip for Thanksgiving.  Big Bend, Terlingua, Marfa, Alpine, Ft. Davis. 

12.  Galleria staycation at Christmas and summer at the Marquis.  We wound up doing a night in Galveston before going back to work/school and a night at Memorial City for my birthday, I call it a win, we just adapted to the circumstances. 

13.  Do something creative, even if it's just one of those drunk painting places. Not really a great option this year. 

14. Take Owen to College Station.  We were scheduled to go in April.  Cancelled. 

15. Meet Pelo peeps at HRI and hopefully meet Jess Sims or Matt Wilpers!  DOOOONNNNNNEEEEE CHECK CHECK AND CHECK! NAILED IT! 

16. Continue to learn to be a better listener, you know, talk less, smile more.  Nope. 

17.  Let's try this again.  3/4 fruits or veggies with every meal.  Nope. 

18. Do something really fun for my birthday since it's A) on a Saturday and B) the big 3-9!  We did the best we could.  Enjoyed a haircut and color, an awesome brunch with Erin, a great dinner at Killen's and a fantastic suite at a hotel.  It was pretty darn alright for a covid birthday. 

19.  Reorganize things I can change at work.  I completed my three huge projects and we got 2 awards and a really big accreditation the district had never gotten before so I'd say this was a big success.  Docusign and covid solved a lot of my other issues for me :) 

20. Figure out my new retirement savings situation.  Crushed this.  We started an account with TD Ameritrade and faithfully put money in it.  My original Roth that I can't use anymore is just killing it right now so I feel pretty alright about the things I'm doing toward retirement. 


Phew, I guess all things considered, that wasn't all that bad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment