Saturday, July 9, 2011

Onward and Downward

As Jen mentioned in a previous post we are headed back to Texas (hence the Downward). I can't begin to explain how excited, nervous, scared, anxious, etc. I am about all of it. However given my recent therapy I can safely say I have the proper and healthy tools to deal with whatever this situation throws at us. First, I have to say it was a huge confidence boost to land this job. After so much rejection, which is inherent in any job search, it's nice to get a win, and a big win it is. I will miss Chicago dearly, but I am excited for the next chapter of our lives to start.

The main stress left in my life now is this #%*+*ing condo. I'm hoping with the new low price this will finally sell and we can move on. I'm trying very hard to let go of this since there is not much I can do to make it sell. My recent intention in yoga has been "let go". I kind of discovered in my last therapy scission that I am a bit of a control freak when it comes to some things. Which is very common for people who suffer from anxiety like myself. I have been dealing with it by trying to let go of the stress that the condo brings me. It is not easy, but yoga, and Jen have been a huge help. I certainly have not completely let go of it, but I feel I am making progress. Jen and I do everything we can to make the condo sellable, and one day god is going to bring in the right person who will take good care of this place and make it their home, much like Jen and I have for the last 2 years. Slowly but surely we are on our way to a new chapter and I think I'm ready for it with open arms. Ready for the ups, the downs, and everything in between. So basically, I'm ready for life to continue on with me being an active part, no longer waiting for my chnce to come, but making my chance come and taking the opportunity and running with it. Running all the way home to Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment