Thursday, January 12, 2012

round 2

So... I'm going to do another marathon.





I swore up and down that I'd be a one and done person but the woman's pain forgettal clause* has gotten to me and thoughts of running 26.2 again have crept up in my mind for awhile now.

*The woman's pain forgettal clause is the thing that automatically represses a woman's memories of pain.  We have to have it or else every woman would probably just have one kid.  Unless of course you are one of those people that sits down on the toilet to go and has an unexpected baby, like on that freaky TLC show.  Either way, the forgettal clause has allowed me to forget that the marathon and training were pretty darn painful.

Also, I'm stubborn and now that I am in better shape (dare I say the best shape of my life at 30?), I'd like to actually run the marathon instead of tooting along at my previously snail's pace.  Ideally, I'd like to shave about 45 minutes off of my previous PR (5:44:00) to end up finishing in under 5 hours.

One of my co-workers signed up and Adam's company is paying for it so there is really no time like the present, amiright?

If you're down, there will be copious brunch eating and drinking after the race on April 15th here in Dallas.  It might not be as scenic as Chicago but I don't think I have it in me to travel for a marathon.  There's something comforting about being able to sleep the night before in your own bed and take the epic post-race nap in the same spot.

1 comment: