Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Is it time yet?

I've reached the point in pregnancy where the fear of labor and delivery has been overtaken by the immediate need to evict this ever-growing baby from my body.  My lungs are SMOOSHED and he insists on spending most of his days doing what feels like stretching and kicking my rib cage.  The pain feels kind of like your worst ab workout soreness only without the satisfaction that you're working toward a six pack.  I've also finally hit that point where I have to go to the bathroom approximately 1,000 times over the course of the day and night.  Sleep is becoming ever more illusive as I struggle to get comfortable and eating an entire meal has become nearly impossible without feeling like my belly is a balloon ready to pop.  Basically, I am about ready to trade all of those things for the still very scary process of getting him outta here and the aftermath of that (and I need to do myself a favor and quit reading about recovery, I'm kind of hoping to be bathed in a post-baby happy haze so much so that I won't remember most of that part).

Baby Owen is consistently measuring 2 weeks ahead and our last ultrasound (which I'm going to consider as our last reliably accurate sizing ultrasound as it was at 28w6d and they get less and less accurate as time goes on) had my due date at 4/24.  I'D LOVE THAT!!  We've moved into every 2 weeks at the OB and we still have at least one more kidney-related ultrasound with the perinatologist next week.  On the kidney front, things have remained about the same, they are still larger than they should be but everything else is indicating that they are functioning as they should be.  This 32 week appointment that we have next week should give us some more clarity about where we go from here.  We haven't really talked much about what happens next other than potentially meeting with a pediatric urologist.

We did our L&D tour and we start our baby classes this weekend.  I have everything from childbirth class to our car seat inspection scheduled and we are inching ever closer to being "ready" for his arrival.  I think both Adam and I are just ready to move on into this next stage of our lives and enjoy watching our sweet little dude grow on the outside of my body.  My last day at work is on St. Patrick's Day and I know we are both looking forward to more meals cooked at home and a more peaceful schedule.  After next week, I'll be doing prenatal yoga, water aerobics and walking until after Owen comes.  Doing my regular regime of normal people yoga and Pilates is starting to become more trouble as I have to modify nearly everything I'm doing.

Owen is still kicking and hiccuping away in there!  Other than a couple of less-than-fun Braxton Hicks contractions that kind of freaked me out, I think he's firmly ensconced in there and it seems like he's in no mood to escape just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment