Wednesday, May 29, 2013

2013 To Do List (revisited)

I made a 2013 To Do List in lieu of making resolutions.  I figured now is as good a time as any to see how I'm doing:  

1.  Read 20 "for me" books.  Which basically means books not on parenting and/or getting your baby to sleep.  Which seems like such a wimpy goal but I didn't read any in 2012.  Also in conjunction with this, putting my phone down more, writing more and taking more pictures.  

Woefully awful in this department.  I started Gone Girl (didn't really like it, might not finish) and read Divergent.  That's about it... I haven't even completed any baby books.  Ooops.
2. Run a 5K in under 27:00.  This will be a late fall goal for me but I think it'll give me something inspiring to train for over the summer after Owen comes. 


Starting back to running ASAP!  Can't wait to tackle this one. 

3. Get back to the weight I was when I took my positive pregnancy test.  Ironically, this was the lowest weight I've seen since high school.  Not ironically, I think it had something to do with basically giving up alcohol.  Dammit. 


This officially starts tomorrow.  I gave myself 4 weeks of continued gluttony (with the addition of champagne and wheat beer) and now it's time to get back to clean eating.  I can use the extra energy.  

4. Paint Owen's room and get his nursery ready!  Started with a paint sample today so moving right along with this project.


DONE!  Woot!  His room came out better than I hoped.  I just need to get his cool birth stats page framed for the wall.  

5. Run a half marathon in under 2:10.  My previous best is 2:05 but I think I want to tackle the under 2 hours mark in 2014.  I'm trying to be realistic about life and my body post-baby.


This one is going to be a tough one because my target half marathon is the weekend of my brother's wedding so we'll be out of town.  We're planning to run one in San Antonio in November but Rock N Roll half marathons are notoriously crowded and may not be the place for me to run my fastest...

6. Do my own 30 day yoga challenge.  I'm not even 100% sure that I went 30 days straight when I was in teacher training!  I did more than 1 class a day on several occasions so I know that I can physically do it but I want the mental challenge of getting myself to class every day for 30 days in a row. 


WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?! I have a baby now and most yoga does not provide childcare!  This one might have to be amended to be a fitness challenge for now.  I wasn't deeply in love with Pilates when I wrote this list.  

7. Go to the Blathering in October.  It's high time and I'll be able to really enjoy it this year.  And it is a "kill two birds with one stone" situation as I've always wanted to visit Charleston and South Carolina is one of only 4 states I have left to go to.


Registered.
Have hotel reservations and roommates.
Bought plane ticket.

8. Get spin certified.  Hopefully can knock this one out in late summer.  This one makes up for the fact that Owen is due during the week of our MS 150 ride this year. 


Add "Get Pilates certified" to this.  Still planning to make both happen.

9. Find a play group, for Owen but also for me. 


It may not be a play group, it might be a Mother's Day Out or daycare situation depending on me going back to work.  

10. Find a church and baptize the little man.  This one will be a mom-assisted goal, for sure.  But I grew up with strong church bonds and friends and I want that for Owen.


Done!  Joined the church at 38 weeks pregnant.  Owen's baptism is scheduled for a significant family date in September.  Love the church. 

11. Go and see at least 6 movies in the theater.  Again, probably an easy goal for you but a REALLY tough one for me! 


Saw two:  Argo and Promised Land... will I get the other four? (doubtful)

12. Stay on budget now that we'll be a one income + part-time yoga teacher family.  Time to get serious about not getting everything I want.


I suck at this.  

13. Work on my garden and plant a lime and/or lemon tree. 


Work in progress!  Definitely rocking the garden.  Sadly, the citrus tree was not recommended by the horticulturist at the Farmer's Market due to our region's temperatures.  BOO.

Adding:

14.  Be more present.  Turn off my phone.  It's part of my goal from item #1 and I haven't been doing it.  

15.  Go on one date night a week with Adam.  Make it work and continue to make our marriage a priority.  Happy parents = happy baby.

16. Get Owen to sleep through the night and work out a daily routine that is good for both of us.  

5 months down, biggest goal accomplished (I birthed a baby!), 7 months to go

1 comment:

  1. I hated Gone Girl too, and didn't finish it. You and I may be the only ones. Ha.

    ReplyDelete