Thursday, August 4, 2011

brain dump for a Thursday

I am so sleepy this morning that I can't really form a coherent sentence so here are the ton of thoughts rolling through my head:
  • Last night I found out that I've already hit the required hours for certification!!!  I figured it would take me until the last day on Sunday but I had a couple of miscalculations that were cleared up for me so I've already hit.  GLORIOUS.  
  • Also last night, our lecture was called "The Business of Yoga".  It was very informative and I have a to do list a mile long of things I need to do to get ready to hopefully find some places to teach in Dallas.  
  • I need to renew my CPR certification because most places I teach will expect and require that.  However, Chicagoland Red Cross isn't offering anymore classes this year.  CPR certification reminds me an awful lot about yoga teacher certification.  It's hard to tell if what you company you plan to get certified by is acceptable because there are so many choices out there.  Why can't the Red Cross and American Heart Association come up with one dual certification?
  • We officially re-hit the market yesterday.  We're having an Open House on Sunday that will probably tell us quite a bit about what we're facing here.  We re-listed with, yet again, a lower price.  
  • Apartment hunting in Dallas is our bright side anecdote to the depressing selling of the house.  I think we'll be able to find exactly what we want for relatively what we want to pay.  I'm so giddy thinking about having an outdoor space, access to a pool, a kitchen and living space big enough to host people, a nicer home office space and so many more things.
  • I can't believe that a month from now I'll be driving in my own car again.  That is SO freaky since it's been more than 3 years since I owned a car (and had a car payment and "I own a car" car insurance- yucky).  I am happy that I'll be able to much more easily grocery shop again!  
  • Yesterday was my last rush hour commute.  I have to leave work an hour and a half early to make it to classes on Wednesdays and Fridays.  I'm so thankful to not endure the stampede from all directions that was my experience.  I work above the huge commuter train to the suburbs and beyond terminal downtown, so making my way 6ish blocks over to the regular public transit trains was like swimming upstream.  And the people that commute out of Union Station are all business all the time, you should see some of them running and pushing people to catch their trains.  My own personal train often got so crowded after my stop and the next that we were no longer able to admit passengers.  It was wild.  I won't miss it. 
  • I'm going to be done with classes on Sunday!!  I've had this crazy urge to do something rebellious like dying purple streaks in my hair (no tattoos though, Mom).  But I'm not sure how well that will go over at my current job or when I'm looking for places to teach in Dallas.  I'll just buy some much needed new yoga clothes so I can look stylin' while I'm teaching.  And I have some stuff that has just gotten abused this summer during my intense practicing schedule.  
  • I'm SO excited to start running again.  I didn't realize how much I missed it.  I'll also be able to go back to TRX on Tuesday.  I need to do some research and find some half marathons to run while it's nice in Texas this winter.  I'm thinking maybe White Rock on the day before my 30th birthday.  How awesome would it be if I took my training seriously and PR'ed on the day before such a milestone b-day?  
  • Thank goodness it's Thursday.  I have a lot of studying to do for our exams this week but it's such a nice feeling to be almost done.  I would say that I'm so happy to get my life back but we have so many things going on in the next month with our move and trying to accomplish our Chicago Bucket List that I don't think things are going to slow down for a minute.  
  • Happy Thursday!  The week is almost over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment