Monday, August 29, 2011

Moving Day

So it turns out I, Adam, am not the best blogger. It has been sometime since I have written here, but I am back now. So I have put in my 2 weeks at work, we found a place to live in Dallas, and just had our going away party. Today the movers are here, and I can't help but think back to when I was 16 and we picked up and moved from Houston to Chicago. That moved obviously changed the course of my life as I'm sure this one will too. Although I am feeling a bit anxious about all this I am excited to get to Dallas. It is weird to finally be here on moving day and feel anxious after wanting this for so long now, I guess that just how life works. These past few days and weeks have been very hard to see so many of our friends and know our time is limited and coming to an end. I know I will see most of them again, but it will just be different, as are all things. I have been so afraid and scared of big changes for most of my life, but I think I am finally embarrassing this one. It probably helps to have an amazing wife to get through it with. Thats probably the biggest comfort to know that I am not alone in this change. I wasn't alone in the last one either, but you know when you're a teenager you think your parents are to blame for everything and I was not happy about leaving Houston. While I am not exactly happy to be leaving Chicago, I know in the long run it is the best move for my family. I hope I will be blessed with as many great people in my life in Dallas as I had in Chicago. Chicago will always be my favorite city and some of my favorite people will still live there long after I am gone and I will miss them dearly.

So today on moving day I would like to say thank you to the City that made me feel like an adult, houses my favorite sports team, some of my closest friends call home, and of course, the City where I meet my wife. I will always hold a special place in my heart for the City and my friends who call it home. Thank you for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment