Saturday, April 16, 2011

six months ago


I know everyone says this but so far, October 16th, 2010, was the best day of my life.  It's going to take a lot to top it.  Almost every single person that I hold near and dear to my heart was gathered in one place with Adam's nearest and dearest.  They were all there to celebrate us and the beginning of our life together.  It was 14 months of hard work and planning and I could not have done it without the support and love from Adam and my parents.  The day was better than my wildest dreams.  There were so many times I didn't think my grandmother would be able to be there, let alone stay at the party until the bitter end with us.

In the six months we've been married we have:

been to three foreign countries together  (Canada, Argentina, Chile)
put our condo on the market
started the process to move our lives back home to Texas
buried my beloved grandmother
attended three weddings
I ended a job and started a new one
Adam learned to ski on a combined family trip

It's been a roller coaster of big life changes and emotional events.  I'm just thankful to have the best seat partner I ever could have hoped for.  I need to remember to be more humble to God every day that I'm blessed to spend with Adam.

No comments:

Post a Comment