Wednesday, April 6, 2011

what i'd really like to say...

What I'd like to be posting about is my typical negative fare of these days so I'm going to let the urge pass and see if I still feel as irked as I currently do tomorrow.  2011 has turned out to be extremely challenging so far and I don't see reprieve in sight just yet.

It's a lot more fun to talk about the good things that are happening anyway, so here you go:

-We are running a five miler this weekend (which is good and bad, seeing as how the last time I meaningfully ran was the half marathon we didn't train for in November).  I am so thrilled to kick off the outdoor running season and it's supposed to be really warm.  Like capri running pants or shorts warm!  We have lots of friends running and I am looking forward to an awesome post-race meal at one of my favorite pizza places on earth.  I need to find a half marathon to run in the upcoming months so that I have a strong goal to work toward.

-I'm getting new hours at work in the next two weeks.  I can't even express how awesome this is going to be for both mine and Adam's lives.  Only seven more 3:30 a.m. wake up calls.  I can't wait to research my new yoga options with the better schedule.  I'm looking forward to new challenges.  I'm looking forward to not requiring the second cup of coffee just to survive yoga and I'm pumped to hopefully not fall asleep in class anymore.

-We're going home to celebrate a wedding next weekend.  It will be our second trip to San Antonio in three weeks and I am looking forward to it as much as I was the last time.

-Our last trip needs to be its own bullet point.  Other than the fact that I drank entirely too much on Saturday afternoon/evening, I was lucky to not suffer through a hangover.  I had time with both parents, met some important people that I hope like me as much as I like them, had a great girls afternoon with two of my best friends on the planet, had a middle of the night impromptu road trip from Houston with my partner in crime, celebrated a wedding shower, hung out with the vast majority of my extended family, accomplished a lot of errands in a super fun rental car (yes, that was actually really fun for me since we are carless here), got to eat Chick Fil-a with Adam, and spent quality time with the best dog ever.  We accomplished an awful lot in our short time there and I can't wait to go back.  Adam even got to go to the NCAA Elite Eight game.  We packed in fun to almost every minute.  I took my camera but sadly didn't take the time to snap a single picture, which is ok since I was busy living life instead of documenting every second.

-Last weekend, I celebrated another wedding shower for one of my best friends who is getting married to one of Adam's best friends.  We rehashed our "epic" (and Amy, if you're reading, that trip was totally epic) trip to Australia.  I can't believe it's been so long and I am still so proud of all of us for doing something so amazing when we had the chance.  We have so much to look forward to in the next couple of months including a Bachelorette Party on the East Coast followed by a wedding on the West Coast.  Our mini-vacation to San Diego will be welcome when it finally gets here!



Writing this post was so much more therapeutic for me than the one I thought I'd rather write where I'd complain.  I have a great deal to be happy about and to look forward to.  There are quite a few bad things happening to and around us but I want to make a concerted effort to see my glass as half full for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment