Wednesday, April 6, 2011

There go the Hawks

So I'm going to write this one with the iPad and see how it works out. I'm sitting here watching the Hawks probably blow their chance at the playoffs seeing as they gave up a goal 17 seconds in. It crazy to think back to where we were last time at this year. Jen and I were looking forward to summer, much as we are now, putting the final touches on our wedding, and starting to get ready for our bachelor and bachelorette parties. Sometimes hard to look back and think about all the good things we were looking forward to, and now times seem so bleak at their worst. However, I think we still have so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to.

My best friend from high school was in town this past weekend, the one who will be marrying Jen's best friend. We had his bachelor party and it was a blast! We went to a great steak dinner then off to a box for the Bulls game. We couldn't have asked for a better time. It was so nice to see an old friend I consider family. I think that's the hardest part about being here. While we have great friends here that I cherish, most of my old friends that I have had for a very long time do not live here anymore. I never really knew how important having family close to me is, but now that I don't have it I miss it.

I got my performance review at work this week. While the review was great in terms of my performance, the feedback was worthless. Based on what has happened in Japan we had to layoff quite a few people which means I'm in for another crappy raise. While its hard to complain about a raise since I still have a job, I know our company has done very well and could afford for us to get a decent raise. Based on my piss poor raises over the last few years and trying to sell my condo I feel we are never going to get out of this recession. I'm so sick of our country's leadership I feel that no one has any idea how to pick us out of this, and we as a country will fall. It hard for me to say I would be shocked, but based on the greed and stupity I seem to witness on a daily basis I say were getting what we deserve. Especially with people like Charlie Sheen making millions on a show where he does what, sits and talks about how crazy he is while his girlfriends make out? When I hear a show like this sold out in 6 mins that makes me lose all faith in humanity and think it's only a matter of time before we end up like the dinosaurs.

Now the Hawks are down 2-0, well at least this will probably be the year for my Cubs...

No comments:

Post a Comment