Tuesday, September 13, 2011

fruit feast: day 2

Today the fruit experiment felt an awful lot more like a fast than a feast.  I'm ready to have something dairy and HOLY MOSES did I ever feel terrible today without coffee.  I made the mistake of buying Diet Dr. Pepper yesterday and it was tempting me something fierce all day.  Higgins and I did not have the best day with his training and I realized that I've done very little this week beside working with him.  I have stuff that I need to do tomorrow so I'm hoping I don't feel weak in my yoga class, hungry and frustrated all day again.

8:00 a.m. - cantaloupe and grapes, tea

9:45 a.m. - a crazy hodge podge fruit mess that I ground up in the Magic Bullet.  I think it had watermelon, grapes, a tangelo and strawberries in it.

*this is where I made a crucial mistake and didn't eat anything else before Bikram*

12:00 - Bikram, which was better than yesterday but it was still what I would consider a poor showing

2:00 - avocado with homemade salsa (we had this left over from the weekend and I'm not sure that cilantro, onions or garlic are permitted but I didn't really care)

5:30 - avocado with salsa and watermelon (odd combo but it was good)

8:15 - at least one glass of tea and more grapes, the grapes have been in a bowl in the fridge so I've been grabbing a couple at a time for most of the day


Just one more day... I have no idea what I'm going to eat when I break the fast but I'm equal parts looking forward to it and equal parts nervous to see how my body reacts.  If you were wondering, all of my bathroom breaks have been normal for me.  I eat about 9,000 pounds of beans in a normal week so I think my body is used to the high fiber content.  I know this is a concern for people considering a fruit feast and the only thing that has changed is that I constantly feel a twinge of hunger in the pit of my stomach (that only my sweet, sweet carbs can fill, I fear) and I have a constantly full bladder.  However, I'm not sure that I could ever do this at work.  We had a pasta dinner at the apartments tonight and I couldn't stay or else I might have lost my mind around all the food.  Seeing co-workers eating things other than fruit would probably make me go insane.

1 comment:

  1. Matt at www.nomeatathlete.com had a guest post non this last week. You should check it out if you havent read it already. Veryninteresting stuff - I was very surprised!

    ReplyDelete