Tuesday, September 20, 2011

post fruiting

I went back to Bikram for the first time yesterday post-fruit cleansing.  The difference was enough to tell me that there is no way that I can subsist on fruit alone.  I had mentioned last week that with some modifications, I'd consider doing the fruit feast again.  After yesterday, I won't even think of it.  I went to the noon class after eating a homemade bean and cheese taco, a banana and my signature morning coffee with chocolate milk.  I can't lie to you and tell you I felt amazing or anything, Bikram is still a serious test of the will but I didn't feel like passing out once and I was able to at least attempt both sets of all 26 postures.  This was a stark contrast to last week where I didn't feel like I could get through the first breathing exercise without fainting or throwing up and spent a large portion of the standing postures hunched over and trying to breathe through my nausea and dizziness.

So, no more fruit cleanses for me.  The feeling of not being bloated was lovely and all, but not worth the moodiness and non-ability to partake in any athletic pursuits.  Thankfully, Adam was out of town so Higgins was the only one here to deal with my cranky, hungry attitude.

I am trucking along with my goal to eat 19 out of the 21 "meals" of the week at home.  I don't exactly eat three square meals a day, but for the sake of simplicity, that's how I'm defining it.  It's not going to be easy to only eat out twice a week but I'm going to work hard at it because it will be both physically and financially healthy for me.  We already have a post-5K brunch planned for Saturday but I've planned out our meals for every night of this week with some goodies so that I won't be completely tempted.  It's hard living in a new place and seeing restaurants around every corner that we'd like to try, as well as some favorites we have already discovered, but it's an exercise in self-control that I need at this point in time.  It hasn't stopped me from stockpiling Dallas groupons to restaurants though.

***

In other random updates, we found the neighborhood bark park over the weekend and we've taken Higgins there the past two nights.  It's been good for him in a number of ways, mainly because the only time he really barks is around other dogs when we're walking him.  Hopefully the park will help him to socialize a little more and relax around other dogs.  Watching him run around without a leash like a total maniac is hilarious.  He was moving at a much slower clip on our walk home from the park last night and he's hardly moved this morning save for occasionally crawling on my lap to nap.  It a perfect way to expend his energy if he'll be home alone for awhile during the day.

We also found the White Rock Trail over the weekend so I am hoping we'll be able to take a nice ride there on Sunday afternoon.  This will be our first weekend in Dallas without company visiting or moving in related tasks to complete.  I'm looking forward to more exploring, hopefully of the two-wheeled variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment