Monday, September 12, 2011

fruit feast: day one

The move was crazy!  It ended up being a long process since they took all of our stuff on August 29th.  Even before that, we had stopped buying food for the house so we wouldn't have to throw a ton of stuff away.  When we got the second realtors at the end of July, they wanted us to reduce our stuff in the kitchen by about half, again.  I hardly had anything left pot/pan/appliance-wise left to cook with so we gave up on that too.  Basically, we've been eating junk food and at restaurants for the better part of two months.  Ug.

I haven't been practicing yoga as regularly since my classes ended and all of this has meant weight increases, but more so inches increase and decreased muscles.  I read about the Baron Baptiste (he's a famous yoga guru for Power Yoga) and his "fruit feast" that is at the end of his book, 40 Days to Personal Revolution, last year and always thought it sounded really interesting.  It's basically a "cleanse" or "fast", except you only eat fruit and drink water or tea for three days.  Since Adam was leaving for work training last night, I figured there is no time like the present to do it.

Everything I've read said that the first day was horrible.  It hasn't been that bad (so far, it's only 8:15) with the exception of the 90 minute inferno of a Bikram class that I went to this afternoon but Bikram yoga challenges me to the extreme when I'm not doing a cleanse so I'm kind of writing that off.  I did have a headache developing but I had a couple of glasses of tea after dinner and I'm feeling fine right now.  I do feel a twinge of hunger but I'll probably go and snack on some more stuff.

Today I've eaten:

7:00 a.m. - banana and some watermelon

8:00ish - tea and a little more watermelon

10:30 - avocado

12:00-1:30 - almost died during Bikram (seriously, I felt faint during the breathing exercise at the beginning so you can imagine how the rest of the 90 minutes went and I don't blame it on the food because it was my first Bikram in a year and those classes are INSANE)

3:00 - after running errands, devoured a peach, some strawberries and more watermelon

4:45 - avocado, cucumber and tomato salad (I *may* have cheated because I put salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar on it but I figure I really need the salt after so much sweat and vinegar is really grapes, is it not?)

6:45 - bowl of cantaloupe and grapes and I attempted to eat a tangelo that I bought because this was supposed to challenge me to try some new fruits

7:00 - two cups of tea because I was chilly

8:30 - as soon as I'm done here, I'll be having a pluot and maybe some grapes


Tomorrow, I might head up to Central Market or Whole Foods to find some figs.  They didn't have any at the grocery store I hit up today (Sunflower Farmers Market, which is an entirely different post because I am in love).  I used to eat figs with my little friend at my nanny job and I always forget that I like them.  I also have a green pepper and I think I'm going to make some guacamole to eat with a spoon for my "dinner".

The hardest part has been craving something warm and comforting since Adam is out of town and I normally use that as an excuse to eat like garbage.  The commercials for pizza are seriously killing me (we got cable today- yes!) so most of this is mental, in my opinion.  I'll report back tomorrow with Day 2.

millions of fruities, fruities for me.  
millions of fruities, I wish they were free.

No comments:

Post a Comment