Thursday, July 14, 2011

little update

My little canine friend went to his new home last night.  I was pretty torn up about it all day yesterday.  I'm not sure why but visiting the shelter and meeting the little guy brought up a lot of feelings in me.  A little sadness, a lot of grief and even some worry about the future, our future.  It was just one of those days.  I set my intention in my yoga class to think about the animals we met and ended up having a little cry out in savasana at the end of class.  Luckily, it was so hot and humid that it probably just appeared to be sweat.  One of the girls in my class had to put down her family cat yesterday.  It was a day to think about and remember the animals of the world.

I'm so happy for and at peace about the little guy.  If the people loved him enough to make sure they got back to adopt him yesterday, it gives me the faith that they will love him as much as Adam and I would have.  I know our little friend is waiting for us in a shelter in Dallas and we'll be there soon enough to bring him to a loving home.

No comments:

Post a Comment