Sunday, July 17, 2011

struggles

I just finished week 6 of 9 in my teacher training program.  I'm SO happy that time is ticking by and that it's almost over.  Working 35ish hours a week and doing 25 hours of school is wearing me thin.  I'm having less and less time to do the things I want to do and I miss that.  I know that it will all be worth it in the end but I'm going to be excited when the end gets here.  The only unfortunate thing is that the next two weekends of class are even more intensive and we'll be spending even more time in the studio.  While I love my time there, I also love free time and time to spend with Adam and our other friends.  I'm looking forward to going back to my personal yoga practice that is on my terms, not because I'm working crazy hard to accrue hours.  My perfectionism has me wanting to be ahead of everything and everyone.  I want to finish my 200 hours and be ready for certification on August 7th, the day the program officially ends.

The condo has me freaked out.  We keep dropping our price and then inexplicably seeing less and less people coming through.  I think we might be missing the window of time in the city where buyers are actively looking.  Most people don't buy or shop for properties during the winter because the weather is so terrible.  It's incredibly frustrating to make big sacrifices and see even less results.  We should be getting hooked up with the relocation company soon and I am equally interested and afraid of what they advice they will have for us.  I get very nervous that this opportunity will pass us by if we can't figure out how to sell this house.  We can't afford to pay for it and any type of housing in Dallas at the same time.  Renting is a really bad option for us because we'd still be subsidizing the mortgage every month and we'd lose a lot of the relocation benefits offered to us by the new company.  When you're already going to lose a significant chunk of money, it becomes even harder to turn down any assistance offered.  The housing market just crushes me.  I have no interest in buying any sort of real estate for many years in the future.  This experience has been worse than I thought it would be and I was pretty darn pessimistic when we started out.

Overall, I shouldn't complain.  Things are good.  We have each other.  We're both healthy and active.  The condo is just a bump in the road and I'll be done with my classes and certified before I know it.  It's just been a hard, full and stressful few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment