Thursday, July 28, 2011

rough

I feel like I'm working 3 jobs right now and doing none of them well.  My regular 35ish hours a week job downtown, my yoga training and condo stager.  I came home from an 8.5 hour work day tonight and started packing the condo for the second time this year.  The only reason that I've stopped to sit down and write this now is that I've completely filled the four boxes that Adam brought home for me.  Our closets are practically empty.  I have no idea how I'm going to figure out what to do in the kitchen since the realtors want our main "pantry" storage piece gone, but that will have to be for Saturday night or Sunday since I have no where to pack anything.  I have no idea where to put the things we use for cooking.  I have a feeling we'll be eating a lot more sandwiches and things that don't require a lot of utensils, pots, pans or appliances.  For someone who likes to cook, this is so incredibly difficult for me.

Must keep my eyes on the prize, which will be bigger closets and a bigger kitchen in Dallas.  But oh this is and will be so rough.

I should have gone to yoga tonight but my butt was bugging me quite a bit on the walk home and as I've been reaching, bending, folding and packing.  I am also exhausted from a long day of work and classes yesterday.  I got home from class a little before 10:30 and by the time we crawled into bed it started thunderstorming like crazy and every time we'd start to fall asleep there'd be another loud crack of thunder.  I have no idea how late we were actually up but I think it was well after Leno was over and the TV had switched off.

Adam left for Springfield, Illinois tonight (thank goodness for free last minute airfare, we are so lucky) to see one of his grandmas.  She's not doing well, which is very sad.  I enjoy her company quite a bit and I know Adam has always felt close to her.  I'm thankful and blessed to have him by my side, these past couple of years have been trying on us in the grandparent illness department.  I'm glad that he'll have the opportunity to visit with her and hopefully have a bit of one-on-one time.

It's been a long week and I'm hoping that my very long weekend of yoga (this weekend we focus entirely on spirituality and they call it our "juju weekend") recharges me instead of drains me.  We have a lot of work to do before we can put the condo back on the market next week.  I'm overwhelmed and afraid of what is to come regarding the sale of the condo.  It's been a really rough week.

No comments:

Post a Comment